Green Hippo was formed in 1999 to provide new and innovative solutions for the display of media. Its best known product is the Hippotizer, the world’s first off-the-shelf realtime VJ console which rapidly became recognised as THE realtime video server for the leisure industry. The Hippotizer has developed and matured over the years and is now fundamental to many Broadway shows, Rock and Roll tours and in clubs around the globe.
To support the company’s success and continued development, Green Hippo merged with Scene Change Ltd in 2005.
Currently, Green Hippo is recognised as an industry leader and in late 2009 won a major award for its new UperPan component for the Hippotizer.
TOMA were engaged by Green Hippo through the London Development Agency (LDA) to provide their Senior Management Team (SMT) with consulting services focussing on clarifying strategic direction in terms of products and markets and improving decision making.
Strategy, Tactics and Skills
- Conducted interviews with SMT members to determine both explicit and implicit concerns
- Designed and facilitated a 1 day workshop covering:
- Vision and values
- Mission and objectives
- Specific strategic challenges faced by the company in next 1,3 and 5 years
- Techniques for evaluating options in terms of product and marketing strategies
- Tools for planning and prioritising product delivery
- Collated workshop inputs and outputs and produced report and recommendations including detailed SWOT analysis and proposals for team reorganisation
Results and Evaluation
Green Hippo’s SMT welcomed and were enthused by TOMA’s collaborative approach to the project. They felt they gained real benefits in the following areas:
- A re-statement of their core values. vision mission and objectives which had lost prominence in the drive to growth
- The review of the strategic challenges and the presentation of potential solutions
- The documentation of recommendations and a detailed action plan
As a result of the engagement, Green Hippo were able to:
- Put together a detailed product development roadmap
- Implement staff personal development plans
- Reorganise their corporate structure to manage future opportunities more effectively
See how TOMA can help your business focus on decision making